5 Steps for Deciding What Vehicle to Buy
Buying a vehicle is a big purchase, no matter how much you are spending. At Superior Automotive Group, we want to give you the right tools to make an informed decision.
Follow these 5 steps to help you find the perfect vehicle for you:
Create a Budget and Take Advantage of Financing
- Payment Calculator – If you have an idea of how much you want to spend per month on a vehicle, then you can begin navigating through the many options of brands and vehicles available to you.
- Need Financing? The Superior Automotive Group has shortcuts to apply for financing for all manufacturers that we offer. If you know that you are going to need financing to any degree, auto brands and third-party sources offer special financing options throughout the year. Follow the link above to see what special offers are available to you right now.
Consider Your Lifestyle
- Do you need a vehicle with lots of cargo room and/or seats for 7? Do you need a vehicle with great fuel economy and four doors? Do you tow or haul anything on the weekends? These are all questions that you should ask yourself when considering what vehicle to buy. www.SuperiorSuperstores.com allows you to filter the results of all available models by body style using the icon below.
Compare Models and Narrow Down Options
- This can be the most difficult part of the process. There are so many different options, and you can easily find yourself overwhelmed with the brands, trim levels, add-on options, service options, and rebates available. Take the time to go through the list of vehicles and write down all vehicles that you really like. After you have a preliminary list, go through the list again and start narrowing the options down by features and exterior/interior colors.
Contact the Dealership
- Unfortunately, some vehicles may be sold or traded on the exact day that you find that vehicle. To make sure it’s still available, call ahead of time and let the dealership know you’re coming. Especially if you live far away. After you’ve confirmed the vehicle is on the lot, you’re ready to visit the dealership.
Test Drive the Car
- A comfortable seating position, a quick engine, and a quality sound system are features you can only experience if you’ve driven the car. If you drive the vehicle and it feels off in some way, then you can ask the salesperson about it or explore other options. If you are looking at a used vehicle, this step is especially important. Test driving diminishes buyer’s remorse and increases your confidence when deciding what vehicle to buy.
This process can take days, weeks, or months depending on the person. Don’t feel pressured to make a decision immediately. If you have any questions or need help along the way, reach out to one of our 13 sales teams. We’re here to help you make the best decision for your budget and lifestyle.